1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Poll Are you considering buying CCV?

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling DVC' started by rfc0001, Mar 2, 2017.

?

Are you considering adding on or buying at Copper Creek Villas?

1. Absolutely

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Maybe

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Definitely Not

37 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    [​IMG]

Now that all that Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Details, Point Chart & Pricing are out, are you considering adding on or buying at Copper Creek Villas? Lots to consider, including:

Vote in the poll above. Post below with why or why not?

2. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    Was definitely going to buy. Then my bubble burst with the high annual dues. Was going to buy a fixed week studio... cheapest week at a possible 118 points. Now debating just adding 70 points there or buying a VWL/BRV resale. And will hold off until end of May. So it's a maybe... I'd say 45% chance. In love the décor and layouts with smaller kitchens and no flip down TV bed in studio. I LOVE the low point requirements. I like the 50 year life but DH is fine with 25 years at BRV. I would love to stay in the main Lodge at Xmas. I would love to try the cabins out... they are fabulous looking.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  3. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Curious, would you feel differently if the Annual Dues had been the same as BRV (which is 12% lower than CCV) but the Point requirement for that same fixed week was 12% higher (which is still a far cry from PVB and VGF, whose Standard accommodations require 25% higher points)?

The Annual Dues in either case would be the same:

E.g.:
    100 points x $7.33 (CCV Annual Dues) = $733
    112 points (assuming Point Chart required 12% more points than BRV) x $6.54 (BRV Annual Dues) = $733

4. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I only pay for the points once, but not so with the dues. I'd rather pay a bit more up front than pay 50 years of higher dues.

5. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Another factor to consider is the expiration date of Copper Creek. As DVC's newest resort, it has a January 1, 2068, expiration date versus some resorts that expire as early as January 1, 2042. That 26-year difference may be material to some owners, not so much for others.

rfc0001 likes this.
  6. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I understand the sentiment, but assuming you are buying enough CCV points for a stay in a particular season (versus buying x number of points regardless of the points required), you would still pay the same Annual Dues for 1 weeks worth of points in x season whether the Annual Dues were 12% higher or the Point Chart (not price) was 12% higher.

Considering the Point Chart is actually 25% lower than PVB or VGF, you are actually coming out considerably ahead from an Annual Dues perspective by buying CCV vs PVB. A simple illustration:

To purchase enough points for a 1 Week stay in summer (Magic Season):
    • Would require purchasing 153 PVB points to stay in a PVB Standard Studio
      • 153 PVB points x $166/point (after current credit-only offer) = $25,398 up front
      • 153 PVB points x $6.14/point Dues = $939 Dues Annually
    • Would require purchasing 120 CCV points to stay in a CCV Studio
      • 120 CCV points x $169/point (after current credit offer) = $20,280 up front
      • 120 CCV points x $7.33/point Dues = $879 Dues Annually
    So, as a new DVC Member, you are both paying less up front and less dues annually to purchase enough CCV points to stay in the equivalent accommodation in the same season at PVB - despite the higher annual dues. I think the lower point chart and higher dues are two pieces of a much bigger picture that must be considered, depending on how you plan on using your points (e.g. at CCV or elsewhere).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    DVCNewbie1212 likes this.
  7. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    I think the leak of info several days, maybe a week, ago that point requirements would match BRV was a mistake. That's what got me on board with buying. I was hoping for price to be $170pp or less but kind of suspected they'd be $176 like Poly. And I was even okay with that. The annual dues smacked me in the face a bit as I was expecting them to be in line with Poly or VGF. Just as my OKW and HHI dues increase this year also smacked me in the face. Was even considering selling the HHI. Still, I may get a small 70 pointer. That would get us a few nights bi-annually, around Xmas.

rfc0001 likes this.
  8. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    Who are the other two maybes? Curious.

rfc0001 likes this.
  9. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I'm one...more just toying around with the idea. We would like to buy longer contracts than SSR to give to our kids some day (and sell our smaller SSR contract). If the minimum buy-in to get incentives was lower it would be a no brainer (could buy a 100 point contract like our PVB). 150 points is a bit steep, and the much better incentive doesn't kick in until 200 points.

LauraM likes this.
  10. mitnosnhoj

mitnosnhoj Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tim
    The CCV looks really interesting, but I am going to stay with my first love - VGF.

magicaldisney and rfc0001 like this.