1. Hi! Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Community Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club and Disney News & Information or just enjoying talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads, participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!

Poll Are you considering buying CCV?

Discussion in 'Buying DVC & Financial Discussions' started by Russ, Mar 2, 2017.

?

Are you considering adding on or buying at Copper Creek Villas?

1. Absolutely

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. Maybe

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Definitely Not

40 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    [​IMG]

Now that all that Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Details, Point Chart & Pricing are out, are you considering adding on or buying at Copper Creek Villas? Lots to consider, including:

Vote in the poll above. Post below with why or why not?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    Was definitely going to buy. Then my bubble burst with the high annual dues. Was going to buy a fixed week studio... cheapest week at a possible 118 points. Now debating just adding 70 points there or buying a VWL/BRV resale. And will hold off until end of May. So it's a maybe... I'd say 45% chance. In love the décor and layouts with smaller kitchens and no flip down TV bed in studio. I LOVE the low point requirements. I like the 50 year life but DH is fine with 25 years at BRV. I would love to stay in the main Lodge at Xmas. I would love to try the cabins out... they are fabulous looking.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  3. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Curious, would you feel differently if the Annual Dues had been the same as BRV (which is 12% lower than CCV) but the Point requirement for that same fixed week was 12% higher (which is still a far cry from PVB and VGF, whose Standard accommodations require 25% higher points)?

The Annual Dues in either case would be the same:

E.g.:
    100 points x $7.33 (CCV Annual Dues) = $733
    112 points (assuming Point Chart required 12% more points than BRV) x $6.54 (BRV Annual Dues) = $733

4. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I only pay for the points once, but not so with the dues. I'd rather pay a bit more up front than pay 50 years of higher dues.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
  5. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Another factor to consider is the expiration date of Copper Creek. As DVC's newest resort, it has a January 1, 2068, expiration date versus some resorts that expire as early as January 1, 2042. That 26-year difference may be material to some owners, not so much for others.

Russ likes this.
  6. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I understand the sentiment, but assuming you are buying enough CCV points for a stay in a particular season (versus buying x number of points regardless of the points required), you would still pay the same Annual Dues for 1 weeks worth of points in x season whether the Annual Dues were 12% higher or the Point Chart (not price) was 12% higher.

Considering the Point Chart is actually 25% lower than PVB or VGF, you are actually coming out considerably ahead from an Annual Dues perspective by buying CCV vs PVB. A simple illustration:

To purchase enough points for a 1 Week stay in summer (Magic Season):
    • Would require purchasing 153 PVB points to stay in a PVB Standard Studio
      • 153 PVB points x $166/point (after current credit-only offer) = $25,398 up front
      • 153 PVB points x $6.14/point Dues = $939 Dues Annually
    • Would require purchasing 120 CCV points to stay in a CCV Studio
      • 120 CCV points x $169/point (after current credit offer) = $20,280 up front
      • 120 CCV points x $7.33/point Dues = $879 Dues Annually
    So, as a new DVC Member, you are both paying less up front and less dues annually to purchase enough CCV points to stay in the equivalent accommodation in the same season at PVB - despite the higher annual dues. I think the lower point chart and higher dues are two pieces of a much bigger picture that must be considered, depending on how you plan on using your points (e.g. at CCV or elsewhere).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    DVCNewbie1212 likes this.
  7. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    I think the leak of info several days, maybe a week, ago that point requirements would match BRV was a mistake. That's what got me on board with buying. I was hoping for price to be $170pp or less but kind of suspected they'd be $176 like Poly. And I was even okay with that. The annual dues smacked me in the face a bit as I was expecting them to be in line with Poly or VGF. Just as my OKW and HHI dues increase this year also smacked me in the face. Was even considering selling the HHI. Still, I may get a small 70 pointer. That would get us a few nights bi-annually, around Xmas.

Russ likes this.
  8. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    Who are the other two maybes? Curious.

Russ likes this.
  9. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I'm one...more just toying around with the idea. We would like to buy longer contracts than SSR to give to our kids some day (and sell our smaller SSR contract). If the minimum buy-in to get incentives was lower it would be a no brainer (could buy a 100 point contract like our PVB). 150 points is a bit steep, and the much better incentive doesn't kick in until 200 points.

LauraM likes this.
  10. mitnosnhoj

mitnosnhoj Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    VGF
    First Name:
    Tim
    The CCV looks really interesting, but I am going to stay with my first love - VGF.

Lori L and Russ like this.
  11. DougEMG

DougEMG Active Member

Point values for rooms should be based on room finishing, resort amenities and resort location. Based on that VGF and POLY should be higher point values than CCV or BRV, they should be the highest point costs in the system. So it doesn't surprise me that CCV room points are the same as BRV, nor is it surprising that the buying costs are what they are. Buy in costs are not the variable to differentiate between resorts, room point requirements are what differentiate resorts. After all a point is a point regardless of what resort it comes from.

Disney13 and Russ like this.
  12. GG1429

GG1429 Well-Known Member

We won't, and honestly never considered it before any of the details were revealed. We own enough points with a couple of our contracts at BRV. We alternate one of our trips each year between Thanksgiving week with our whole crew, and my wife and I visiting the first week of December the next year. We already have the 11 month advantage at WL and all of it's amenities.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  13. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    DVC had recently been raising the number of points per night at the new resorts, which worked to keep annual dues lower and sales income higher (refer to DVC Points Chart Inflation - DVCinfo.com )

Was DVC unable to follow this same strategy with CCV due to the existence of BRV at the resort? I'm not sure that makes sense.

Or was it due to the fact that it wasn't a monorail resort? :confused:

Shaden and Russ like this.
  14. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    So BRV will have less points sold than CCV will due to the cabins and 3BR (don't think BRV have 3BR??). So CCV will be bringing in way more $$$ in annual dues than BRV. Why? Why would they need more for expenses? Both have a pool and both use WL check in and bell services. Both are small but so is BCV. All three should have comparable dues collected yet CCV will sell more points and thus collect way more in dues.

Russ likes this.
  15. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Yep, it's head scratcher. Common Elements should be proportional, so doesn't make a whole lot of sense...unless BRV fees go up next year by an equivalent amount for it's share of the improvements.

16. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    I suspect they will go up. So maybe it makes sense for us to just get 70 points at CCV. If we do it in May for our June UY or by July for our Aug UY we will get 2016 and 2017 points????

Russ likes this.
  17. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

It would take a resort that really GOT me to buy direct regardless, but the per night point costs, the buy in price point, and my lord the dues .... not a chance on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  18. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    If they follow suit with VGF and PVB, they should offer 2016 UY points if you purchase prior to the beginning of your 2017 UY. You should check on what people are reporting on March 8 to be sure. Keep in mind current incentives expire May 31 if you are waiting until June. Incentives could be higher or lower in June. Sounds strange, but Poly incentives actually went up after the presale (for the 25th anniversary promotion). I think if pre-sales don't meet expectation they may do something similar, but that may just be wishful thinking :D
    Per night cost is actually right in the middle -- higher than OKW, SSR, AKV (Standard), and BWV (Standard); same as BCV and BRV; lower than BLT, VGF, or PVB.

hakunamatata likes this.
  19. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I'm still scratching my head on why there is no presale pricing. CCV goes on sale March 8 to existing members, then April 5 to new members, yet the incentive offer for existing members is good through May 31, which means no special presale pricing prior to the general sale :confused:?

Shaden likes this.
  20. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    This kinda bugged me too. But I suspect price per point will jump $5 across the board around April 4.

21. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    That's what the Guide alluded to, but I'm not sure I'm buying it ;)

22. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    Well to be safe I may buy right around April 3-4.

Russ likes this.
  23. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

Yes, but basically this is priced as high (or higher BWV) than resorts with direct park access (EPCOT) and lower than the monorail loop (which it should be) Actually looking at this, isn't it MORE than BLT ? 102 BLT Starndard view adventure season vs 105 at CCV ?

Anyway, either way, for its location, just too high for me. There is a reason I didn't buy at VGF or Poly ;)

Russ likes this.
  24. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    CCV is slightly cheaper than BLT Standard rooms except studios/1 Bedrooms in Adventure, 1 Bedrooms in Choice, 1 & 2 Bedrooms in Dream, and 1 Bedroom in Magic seasons:

upload_2017-3-5_11-48-50.png

25. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

gotcha, must of just been the period of time which I compared ... still crazy that CCV is ever more expensive than BLT, but I can see BRV is for those times as well.

Russ likes this.