1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

NEWS Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Details, Point Chart & Pricing

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by rfc0001, Mar 1, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03/08/17, 03/21/17, 04/05/17, 04/26/17
  1. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    What about developer points?

2. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    The current incentives don't include them.

rfc0001 likes this.
  3. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    Thanks! Well...maybe we'll do 70 points. Argh!

4. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I've updated the Current Direct DVC Incentives with all the currently available incentives. For Aulani and Poly there is a One Time Points + Developer Credit Offer -OR- a Developer Credit-Only Offer. For Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, there is only a Developer Credit Offer.

WilsonFlyer and magicaldisney like this.
  5. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    It's been discussed on other threads, but it's worth noting the Copper Creek Villas Points Chart is identical to Boulder Ridge Villas, making CCV's Points Chart lower than the two most recent DVC Resorts, which both have over 25% higher Point Charts on average when comparing PVB Standard Studios and Bungalows to CCV Studios and Cabins and VGF Standard Villas to CCV Villas (like for like comparison).

I updated my WDW Point Charts Spreadsheet with Points and Room Descriptions for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge. The following detailed room descriptions are displayed when you hover over Points for given Resort/Room Type in Excel (or click Points then click Comment balloon icon in Excel Online), which will display the room capacity, beds, kitchen description, washer/dryer, and bathrooms:

CCV Studios
    • Sleeps 4
    • 1 queen-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
    • Kitchenette
    • Full bath with tub/shower or walk-in shower

CCV 1 Bedroom Villas
    • Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, however NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
    • 1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
    • Full kitchen
    • Washer/dryer
    • Full bathroom with whirlpool tub & walk-in shower

CCV 2 Bedroom Villas
    • Sleeps 8 – 9th guest can be accommodated, however NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED
    • 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
    • Full kitchen
    • Washer/dryer
    • 2 full bathrooms – 1 with whirlpool tub and shower, 1 with shower only

CCV 2 Bedroom Lock-Off
    • Sleeps 8 – 9th guest can be accommodated, however NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED
    • 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, & 2 queen-size sleeper sofas
    • Full kitchen
    • Washer/dryer
    • 2 full bathrooms - 1 with whirlpool tub and shower, 1 with combination tub/shower or walk-in shower

CCV 3 Bedroom Grand Villas
    • Sleeps up to 12
    • 1 king-size bed, 4 queen-size beds, & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
    • Fully equipped kitchen
    • Laundry room with washer and dryer
    • 3 bathrooms - 1 with whirlpool tub and shower, 2 with shower only

CCV Cabin
    • Sleeps up to 8
    • 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 pull-down bunk-size bed, & 1 sleeper chair
    • 2 bathrooms—one with walk-in shower & bubble-jet tub and the other with walk-in shower
    • Fully equipped kitchen
    • Laundry room with washer & dryer
    • Private deck with hot-tub & double-sided fireplace

6. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Have you confirmed with Disney which Use Month it will offer points for Copper Creek?

The Villas at Grand Floridian opened in October 2013. Sales for VGF started in May 2013 and the first Use Month offered by Disney was April 2013. Anyone with a December, February or March Use Year did not get their first annual allocation of VGF points until December 2013, February 2014 or March 2014, which was after the resort had opened.

With the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Disney was far more liberal in offering retro points. The resort opened on April 1, 2015, and the first Use Month offered by Disney was June 2014. April Use Year owners were the "last" UY to receive points, but even they received points for April 2015, the month the resort opened. Essentially, every Use Year owner had access to their points when the resort opened.

The question I have is how far back will Disney go with offering Use Years at Copper Creek? Will it be more liberal and offer points beginning with August 2016, which assures all owners have CCV points when the resort opens in July 2017? Or will they be more restrictive and only offer points about six months before the scheduled opening, which might mean the first Use Year to get points will be February 2017?

rfc0001 likes this.
  7. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I'm not aware of an exception to grant Members with February or March UY contracts 2016 UY points retroactively (which isn't what I'm talking about above). I'm simply referring to the fact you always get current UY points when you purchase any DVC resort direct, therefore if you purchase CCV or any DVC resort prior to the beginning of your 2017 UY month (e.g. April or later UYs currently) should receive current UY (2016) points.

They aren't really giving you anything you aren't already owed, since you are buying the resort in the current UY, therefore are owed points in the current UY. It just so happens the current UY is still 2016 for owners of April or later UYs, so you end up getting an extra UY of points relative to those with a March or earlier UY. This is no different than someone buying a year from now only getting 49 UYs of points instead of 50.

That said, there is a very real value to purchasing now and getting 2016 UY points vs. waiting until your 2017 UY begins to purchase (direct or resale):
    • Value of the 2016 UY points: $15/pt (conservatively - what you could rent them for or what you would pay to rent or transfer the same points from someone else)
    • Value of the Annual Dues you don't have to pay on 2016 UY points ($7.33/pt) which you otherwise would owe (e.g. if waiting and purchasing resale, since you typically owe fees for any points received)
    • Value of the Annual Dues credit for 2017 UY points: $1.83 (prorated based on calendar year - e.g. 3/12 if purchasing in March)
    • Total Value: $24.16/pt
    If you subtract this value from the cost per point after incentives, this brings the effective cost down to $145/point ($169-$24) for purchases over 150 points or $137 point ($161-$24) for purchases over 200 points. Before someone throws stones at me - yes, I know intangible value and out of pocket costs are two different things, but I think it's still helpful to consider the benefits vs. costs when considering buying now presale versus buying later (resale or direct), because I guarantee you there is someone reading this saying I'll just wait until CCV is available $145/point resale who think that is a much better value than buying it at $169 direct, but isn't taking into consideration they will owe fees on every point they receive and will almost certainly get one less UY worth of points.

WDWFanDave likes this.
  8. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
  9. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Active Member

DVC Since:
    From what I remember, DVD didn't always operate this way. We bought BLT in May or June 2009 and didn't receive 2008 points for our fall UY. BLT opened in August 2009 and we were given our first allotment of points Sept 1, 2009. From what I remember, that was defined as standard practice.

I believe it was PVB, but it may have been Aulani or VGF where they changed the trend to give the points for UYs prior to the resort opening.

rfc0001 likes this.
  10. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    WilsonFlyer likes this.