1. Hi! Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Community Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club and Disney News & Information or just enjoying talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads, participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!

Copper Creek Villas Model Room Photos

Discussion in 'Resorts' started by DVC Mike, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Here are some photos taken of the model room for the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort. The 2-bedroom lock-off model room is located at the DVC Sales Center at Saratoga Springs Resort.

Copper Creek Villas Model Room Photos - DVCinfo.com

Thanks to Lori @Disney13 for the photos!!!

DVCNewbie1212 and Russ like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I have to say, after seeing the photos, those are some really nicely decorated rooms. Not sure what all the fuss about the décor was about :confused:.

3. Disney Cheshire

Disney Cheshire Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    PVB
    First Name:
    Liz
    I LOVE that tub!! I like the fact there is no carpet and the room is not imagined quite as dark as the original Lodge rooms. Cave dweller hubby might not feel the same way though.

Is the flooring faux wood or vinyl? Either way less carpet is better!

3 Hobbits 2 Disney likes this.
  4. Lori L

Lori L Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Thanks Lori, @Disney13 for sharing these photos. Great shots!

5. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Probably laminate -- holds up much better than wood.

6. 3 Hobbits 2 Disney

3 Hobbits 2 Disney Active Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Dianne
    I like the kitchen and tub but everything is too narrow.

7. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Yep. We just went through the model and it is narrow. If the fridge is open it would be very tight for others to move around. The whole room layout felt much smaller than other DVC rooms. I'll be curious to see if others agree once they start touring the model.

DVCNewbie1212 likes this.
  8. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    On the Studio side or 1 Bedroom Side? Understand on the Studio side since the kitchenette is along the side. Is the 1 Bedroom better?

9. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Studio felt smaller but one bedroom living and kitchen area felt MUCH smaller. I've read other places people are feeling the same thing so it doesn't seem to be just my family thinking this. The problem is everything is long and narrow instead of square if that makes any sense.

DVCNewbie1212 likes this.
  10. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Makes perfect sense since they were designed for hotel rooms that preceded them. Poly only lucked out since it was the first resort at Disney, so hotel rooms were much larger back in the day :tu:.

DVCNewbie1212 and Bobby like this.
  11. Disney13

Disney13 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Lori
    It is much narrower, but I still love the decor.

Lori L likes this.
  12. Bobby

Bobby Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Very good point, Russ.

Russ likes this.
  13. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Jambo doesn't feel that narrow either, just Copper Creek.

Russ likes this.
  14. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Jambo was newer construction though, and they probably built with the possibility of converting in mind.

Lori L likes this.
  15. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Videos of the model room are beginning to pop up on youtube.

DVCNewbie1212, wdrl2 and Bobby like this.
  16. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for posting the videos. I think the decor of CCV is fine though cramped due to room conversion restrictions. Still, if someone is staying there my guess is that they'll be okay with the villa sizes.

I think any room decor will have those who like and dislike it, and of course the negative comments are always the most vocal. What I do like is that they've put some theming into the rooms with the inlaid design in the floor tieing directly to the WL lobby floor design. And lots of other small touches.

We won't be buying CCV but I can see us staying there at some point just to sample it. For now, we are very happy staying in our VWL villas if we are on the WL campus. :)

Bobby likes this.
  17. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Keep in mind a substantial market for CCV is people who love staying the actual lodge, so are used to the room size. If anything a 1 Bedroom now allows them to have double the space of a hotel room (or 3X for 2 bedroom). Of course, there is an much bigger market for just new people buying into DVC who may have never stayed in the lodge. For them, hopefully the relatively low point chart and diversity of available room types will be a plus over the much larger PVB rooms (e.g. you can buy 25% fewer points to stay the same week in a CCV studio vs. PVB).

18. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Agree completely. Add to that the amenities that have been added to the campus (another large pool, waterfront dining location, barbeque pavilions and soon to come some spa services at the old Trout Pass pool bar location) and you have a pretty attractive package. I also agree that the lower point schedule (versus the more recent monorail resort point schedules) will be an attractive selling point for DVC sales personnel.

Russ and Disney13 like this.
  19. Syndrome

Syndrome Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Roger
    Visited the models yesterday . Wasn't impressed until I saw them in person . Very clean modern look , and they feel bigger than the pictures show .
    Lots of nice detail work . Looking forward to staying in them ....... but still not buying . $$$$ = Ouch !

One nice detail that I hadn't heard mentioned ....... in the 1 bedroom (and prob larger ) , they incorporated some very nice details that really ties Walts passion into the new resort . If you look close , there are train tracks incorporated into the design . Above the kitchen area and the bottom of the bathroom vanity . Very cool .
    Also a nice hidden Mickey in the kitchen pantry area , that is a Pacific Northwest background motif .

Took some pics , but will have to wait till we return to post them (can't figure out this dang iPad to photobucket thing ) .

Bobby and Russ like this.
  20. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    I'm glad you liked them Roger! Can't wait to see what kind of pictures you got. I think my family is in the minority where it just didn't do much for us.

Bobby likes this.
  21. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    You can post photos directly to the forum...no photobucket needed :tu:. Click Upload a File, select it, then click Full next to the photo to insert it. See Uploading Photos From An iPhone Or iPad for help. If all else fails, you can email any timely photos worth sharing to us directly.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  22. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Lori L, DVCNewbie1212 and Russ like this.
  23. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like these virtual tours were filmed at the Copper Creek resort and not at the model villas at the DVC Preview Center at SSR.

Russ likes this.
  24. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Sorry if I'm having a senior moment, but can someone remind me what Shady Point is?

upload_2017-3-23_20-57-57.png
    Yeah, see the reflection of the outside in the pic above -- no way they Photoshopped that in :D.

25. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Official video of the cabins and villas posted

[​IMG]

Lori L likes this.