1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

NEWS Copper Creek Villas Rooms: Quantity and Size

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by DVC Mike, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Below is what I believe are the room quantities for Copper Creek Villas. Note that CCV is smaller than Beach Club Villas but larger than Vero Beach and Boulder Ridge Villas. So CCV is the 9th largest DVC.

Inventory_CCV.png

2. DVC Mike

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
  3. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Here is my count based on extrapolating the declaration of the 5th and 7th floor, and cross referencing it with the existing floor plan:

[​IMG]

Based on an extrapolation of the floors that have been declared (5th and 7th floor) and the previous Wilderness Lodge floor plan there are estimated to be the following "units":
    • 13 Dedicated Deluxe Studios
    • 17 Dedicated One Bedroom Villas
    • 40 Two Bedroom Lock-Offs (which can be alternately booked as 40 Deluxe Studios and 40 One Bedroom Villas)
    • 71 Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas
    • 6 Three Bedroom Grand Villas
    • 26 Cascade Cabins

Total: 173

Note 173 is less than the 184 total units we know exist. The difference is likely going to be due to slight variations in floor plans on the remaining floors which haven’t been declared to DVC to sell yet. E.g. 9 Deluxe Studios could take the place of 3 Two Bedroom Villas on one of the floors, and/or a Two Bedroom Lock-Off could be replaced with a Dedicated Deluxe Studio and Dedicated One Bedroom (DVC considers Two Bedroom Lock-Offs to be one “unit”).

4. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Are those views as in room requests or separate booking categories?

5. Syndrome

Syndrome Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Roger
    Well we know where the location of those "alternate" studios are hiding now, thanks for more info Mike , and Russ for the floorplan map.
    Looks to be 6 of the alternate studios out of 78 total studios. Not too great a chance of getting one unless they make it a separate booking cat !
    Also looks like any/all of the rooms located in the actual lodge main lobby area are all studios .

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  6. DVC Mike

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Russ,

I have the breakdown of the 184 units in post #1 above, and it is different than your extrapolated numbers in post #3.

7. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    When the Copper Creek master declaration was released last month, it only showed about a fourth of the resort; thus, we had to guess what the unrevealed part of the resort would look like. That is why we were working with only 172 vacation homes.

But now, I think DVC Mike has the latest information regarding the mix of vacation homes at Copper Creek. Disney has said all along that Copper Creek will have 184 vacation homes and DVC Mike accounts for all 184 vacation homes.

If Copper Creek has only four Grand Villas, then I suspect they will be on floors 3, 4, 5, and 6.

With no Grand Villas on floors 1 and 2, then that space will be turned into other types of vacation homes. Given the odd shape of each Grand Villa, its possible that each space can yield one dedicated studio, a dedicated Alternate studio, and an Alternate lock-off two-bedroom.

Its a guess on my part that Copper Creek has dedicated Alternate Studios, but I suspect that it will. The Master Declaration has a page showing the floor plans of all the vacation home types, including one for an Alternate Lock-off. But there is also a floor plan for an "Alternate Studio." Why would Disney show an "Alternate Studio" floor plan if it didn't intend on having it?

WilsonFlyer and rfc0001 like this.
  8. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Wilderness Lodge had two hotel rooms on the 7th floor overlooking the lobby. They were on the South side next to the former location of the concierge lounge. I don't know what will happen to those two rooms, but since they are on the South Wing its possible DVC is taking them over. They could be converted into two dedicated studios or a dedicated one-bedroom.

A larger question I have is this: What is Disney doing with the space formerly occupied by the concierge lounge? The lounge was on the South side, but Disney has moved it to the North side. Will Disney put vacation homes in that location? Will it put a laundry room for DVC members in that space?

9. DVC Mike

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    The introduction of Copper Creek Villas and the renaming of the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge to Boulder Ridge Villas still has some people confused. This diagram might help.

CCR-RV-Explain.jpg

rfc0001 likes this.
  10. KingOMiami

KingOMiami Member

I just wish that they did not mess with the name for VWL. I get the new wing having something to differentiate, but not our place! Feel the same with Joe RObbie stadium down here in Miami. It will always be Joe Robbie and not <insert whatever current corporate logo here>