Russ

Staff member
Owner
DVC since
Home
AUL, PVB, SSR
First name
Russ
Here is my count based on extrapolating the declaration of the 5th and 7th floor, and cross referencing it with the existing floor plan:

Based on an extrapolation of the floors that have been declared (5th and 7th floor) and the previous Wilderness Lodge floor plan there are estimated to be the following "units":
• 13 Dedicated Deluxe Studios
• 17 Dedicated One Bedroom Villas
• 40 Two Bedroom Lock-Offs (which can be alternately booked as 40 Deluxe Studios and 40 One Bedroom Villas)
• 71 Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas
• 6 Three Bedroom Grand Villas
• 26 Cascade Cabins

Total: 173

Note 173 is less than the 184 total units we know exist. The difference is likely going to be due to slight variations in floor plans on the remaining floors which haven’t been declared to DVC to sell yet. E.g. 9 Deluxe Studios could take the place of 3 Two Bedroom Villas on one of the floors, and/or a Two Bedroom Lock-Off could be replaced with a Dedicated Deluxe Studio and Dedicated One Bedroom (DVC considers Two Bedroom Lock-Offs to be one “unit”).

Syndrome

First name
Roger
Well we know where the location of those "alternate" studios are hiding now, thanks for more info Mike , and Russ for the floorplan map.
Looks to be 6 of the alternate studios out of 78 total studios. Not too great a chance of getting one unless they make it a separate booking cat !
Also looks like any/all of the rooms located in the actual lodge main lobby area are all studios .

Last edited:
DVC since
Home
VGF
First name
Mike
Based on an extrapolation of the floors that have been declared (5th and 7th floor) and the previous Wilderness Lodge floor plan there are estimated to be the following "units":
• 13 Dedicated Deluxe Studios
• 17 Dedicated One Bedroom Villas
• 40 Two Bedroom Lock-Offs (which can be alternately booked as 40 Deluxe Studios and 40 One Bedroom Villas)
• 71 Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas
• 6 Three Bedroom Grand Villas
• 26 Cascade Cabins

Total: 174

Note 174 is less than the 184 total units we know exist. The difference is likely going to be due to slight variations in floor plans on the remaining floors which haven’t been declared to DVC to sell yet. E.g. 9 Deluxe Studios could take the place of 3 Two Bedroom Villas on one of the floors, and/or a Two Bedroom Lock-Off could be replaced with a Dedicated Deluxe Studio and Dedicated One Bedroom (DVC considers Two Bedroom Lock-Offs to be one “unit”).
Russ,

I have the breakdown of the 184 units in post #1 above, and it is different than your extrapolated numbers in post #3.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdrl2

DVC since
Russ,

I have the breakdown of the 184 units in post #1 above, and it is different than your extrapolated numbers in post #3.
When the Copper Creek master declaration was released last month, it only showed about a fourth of the resort; thus, we had to guess what the unrevealed part of the resort would look like. That is why we were working with only 172 vacation homes.

But now, I think DVC Mike has the latest information regarding the mix of vacation homes at Copper Creek. Disney has said all along that Copper Creek will have 184 vacation homes and DVC Mike accounts for all 184 vacation homes.

If Copper Creek has only four Grand Villas, then I suspect they will be on floors 3, 4, 5, and 6.

With no Grand Villas on floors 1 and 2, then that space will be turned into other types of vacation homes. Given the odd shape of each Grand Villa, its possible that each space can yield one dedicated studio, a dedicated Alternate studio, and an Alternate lock-off two-bedroom.

Its a guess on my part that Copper Creek has dedicated Alternate Studios, but I suspect that it will. The Master Declaration has a page showing the floor plans of all the vacation home types, including one for an Alternate Lock-off. But there is also a floor plan for an "Alternate Studio." Why would Disney show an "Alternate Studio" floor plan if it didn't intend on having it?

wdrl2

DVC since
Wilderness Lodge had two hotel rooms on the 7th floor overlooking the lobby. They were on the South side next to the former location of the concierge lounge. I don't know what will happen to those two rooms, but since they are on the South Wing its possible DVC is taking them over. They could be converted into two dedicated studios or a dedicated one-bedroom.

A larger question I have is this: What is Disney doing with the space formerly occupied by the concierge lounge? The lounge was on the South side, but Disney has moved it to the North side. Will Disney put vacation homes in that location? Will it put a laundry room for DVC members in that space?

DVC since
Home
VGF
First name
Mike
The introduction of Copper Creek Villas and the renaming of the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge to Boulder Ridge Villas still has some people confused. This diagram might help.

CCR-RV-Explain.jpg

KingOMiami

I just wish that they did not mess with the name for VWL. I get the new wing having something to differentiate, but not our place! Feel the same with Joe RObbie stadium down here in Miami. It will always be Joe Robbie and not <insert whatever current corporate logo here>

Shaden

Ok, serious question, I am sure this is an issue other places, but the sheer number of Cabins has to make it MORE of an issue here. doing some rough numbers, looking at adventure season weeknights, the cabins provide enough points (in inventory to sell) to rent out 150 studios a night, there being only 78 ....

The problem being of course that people don't buy specific rooms (generally speaking) they buy points they can use in any room.

What impact do you think this is going to have on booking availability ? I am just not sure how popular the cabins will be, and I am thinking its possible that booking non-cabin rooms might be the hardest of any DVC (might even make VGF seem easy).

Thoughts ?

Edited to note: same time of year, it would be 6100 points to rent out every other non grand villa room in CCV (aside from cabins), Cabins have enough point value to rent almost 2300 points, 37% of the points in CCV (non cabin or grand villa). I dunno, just seems like it could be an issue.

Last edited:

Russ

Staff member
Owner
DVC since
Home
AUL, PVB, SSR
First name
Russ
I just wish that they did not mess with the name for VWL. I get the new wing having something to differentiate, but not our place! Feel the same with Joe RObbie stadium down here in Miami. It will always be Joe Robbie and not <insert whatever current corporate logo here>
Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL) is still alive and well, it's just prefixed now to differentiate....

Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Russ

Staff member
Owner
DVC since
Home
AUL, PVB, SSR
First name
Russ
Ok, serious question, I am sure this is an issue other places, but the sheer number of Cabins has to make it MORE of an issue here. doing some rough numbers, looking at adventure season weeknights, the cabins provide enough points (in inventory to sell) to rent out 150 studios a night, there being only 78 ....

The problem being of course that people don't buy specific rooms (generally speaking) they buy points they can use in any room.

What impact do you think this is going to have on booking availability ? I am just not sure how popular the cabins will be, and I am thinking its possible that booking non-cabin rooms might be the hardest of any DVC (might even make VGF seem easy).

Thoughts ?

Edited to note: same time of year, it would be 6100 points to rent out every other non grand villa room in CCV (aside from cabins), Cabins have enough point value to rent almost 2300 points, 37% of the points in CCV (non cabin or grand villa). I dunno, just seems like it could be an issue.
People made the same argument for PVB and it hasn't been an issue. PVB Studios are still the third to last to sell out system wide. Bungalow occupancy is still pretty steady. Granted, Disney, is reclaiming a bunch of the Bungalows for direct rental (by design). I think the same applies to CCV.

Shaden

People made the same argument for PVB and it hasn't been an issue. PVB Studios are still the third to last to sell out system wide. Bungalow occupancy is still pretty steady. Granted, Disney, is reclaiming a bunch of the Bungalows for direct rental (by design). I think the same applies to CCV.
Sure, but isnt this a bit of a different beast ? I mean .... 26 Cabins .... thats a LOT of points

Russ

Staff member
Owner
DVC since
Home
AUL, PVB, SSR
First name
Russ
Sure, but isnt this a bit of a different beast ? I mean .... 26 Cabins .... thats a LOT of points
Keep in mind the points for a Bungalow are identical to that of a VGF Grand Villa, which sell out regularly, so there is demand for these high-end luxury accomodations, and Cabins are 25% fewer points. I'm quite optimistic about them, and planning to stay in them in January when they are at their lowest point season (which I've never fathomed doing with a Bungalow). The 25% fewer points was just enough to grease the skids :D.

DVC since
Home
VGF
First name
Mike
Below is the official count of rooms by DVC. They match the numbers I published, except they count the cabins as dedicated 2-bedroom units and don't break them out separately as I do.

CCV Room Inventory.jpg

Shaden

Below is the official count of rooms by DVC. They match the numbers I published, except they count the cabins as dedicated 2-bedroom units and don't break them out separately as I do.

View attachment 5921
Ok wait.... i guess i misinterpreted you original post by adding dedicated and lockoff columns???

That makes these numbers potentially much worse for availability...

WDWNole

DVC since
Home
BRV, BWV, SSR
First name
Dale
We are considering buying 75 points for CCV for booking a studio. However, we are hesitant due to the small number of studios that will be available. We are concerned the same difficulty booking studios at VGF will eventually occur at CCV. Any one have any thoughts on this?

wdrl2

DVC since
We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas right now and have walked all around the resort looking at the changes.

We know that Copper Creek will have four Grand Villas and that they will be located on the end cap of the Lodge's South Wing. If I'm not mistaken, it appears only floors 1 through 5 have rooms on the end cap. Floors 6 and 7 don't extend all the way to the end cap of the wing. Here is a photo taken of the end cap:

DSC_6687_zpsacu8qw35.jpg

I'm now of the opinion that Copper Creek's Grand Villas will be on floors 2, 3, 4, and 5. It also appears that the Grand Villa on the second floor will have a different balcony setup because of the stone work.

I'm still of the opinion that there may be a couple Alternate Studios and/or Alternate 2-bedroom lockoff villas on the first floor of the end cap.

lisaviolet

A little OT -

But when booking opens for non-owners on the 26th will it be open online? Or is that guessing in the dark since it is DVC and technology? :D

And there is no seeing availability if booking stays with MS only for now, correct?

lisaviolet

We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas right now and have walked all around the resort looking at the changes.

We know that Copper Creek will have four Grand Villas and that they will be located on the end cap of the Lodge's South Wing. If I'm not mistaken, it appears only floors 1 through 5 have rooms on the end cap. Floors 6 and 7 don't extend all the way to the end cap of the wing. Here is a photo taken of the end cap:

DSC_6687_zpsacu8qw35.jpg

I'm now of the opinion that Copper Creek's Grand Villas will be on floors 2, 3, 4, and 5. It also appears that the Grand Villa on the second floor will have a different balcony setup because of the stone work.

I'm still of the opinion that there may be a couple Alternate Studios and/or Alternate 2-bedroom lockoff villas on the first floor of the end cap.
Thank you. And have a wonderful vacation.

Russ

Staff member
Owner
DVC since
Home
AUL, PVB, SSR
First name
Russ
A little OT -

But when booking opens for non-owners on the 26th will it be open online? Or is that guessing in the dark since it is DVC and technology? :D

And there is no seeing availability if booking stays with MS only for now, correct?
CCV should be in the Booking Tool online on April 26. You can see availability now in the RAT if you don't select any resort.

lisaviolet

CCV should be in the Booking Tool online on April 26. You can see availability now in the RAT if you don't select any resort.
Look at you with all your secret door knowledge! :rotfl: Thank you.

EDIT: Drat! I think they are on to us. I think they have taken it right off the RAT.