1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Disney investment in Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by DVC Mike, Feb 22, 2017.

1. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    During my last visit to Walt Disney World, I was struck with the large amount of construction going on. People used to complain about how Disney supposedly wasn't investing money at WDW like Universal was doing.

I don't think you can say that anymore. As I drove around, I noticed a lot of construction projects, and we know more are coming. Can you recall a time in recent memory where there was so much construction going on?

Here are a few:

Parks

- Star Wars Land (DHS)
    - Toy Story Land (DHS)
    - Pandora - The World of Avatar (DAK)
    - Miss Adventure Falls (Typhoon Lagoon)

Resorts

- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins (WL)
    - Coronado Springs Resort expansion
    - Caribbean Beach Resort (DVC & Dining)

Infrastructure

- Osceola Pkwy/World Dr interchange
    - Osceola Pkwy/Victory Way interchange
    - Magic Kingdom Entrance flyover (World Drive)
    - Epcot Center Drive (near I-5)
    - Gondolas (rumor)

Under-construction.png

2. Frank

Frank Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Good point, Mike. I think most peoples' gripes are more about how LONG it takes for Disney to do a project.....

DVCNewbie1212, LauraM and WilsonFlyer like this.
  3. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Yep, a steady stream of major Disney Parks and Resorts improvements :tu:...
    1. Magic Kingdom - New Fantasyland incl. 7DMT - opened 2014
    2. Polynesian Bungalows - opened 2015
    3. Animal Kingdom - expanded evening hours, RoL, Pandora - opening May, 2017
    4. DHS - Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land - opening 2019
    5. Epcot - major expansion announced at Destination D
    6. CBR - major expansion including speculated gondola transportation to DHS and Epcot - opening 2019
    7. CSR - major expansion (500 room, 15-story tower) - opening 2019

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    AuLYNi likes this.
  4. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

Yea gottu say I am excited for how the next few years look, I am a little worried about some of the projects not being as expansive as they could have been, and it does appear disney is set to make even more cutbacks in the near future (if the last investor call was any indication), but I hope they don't impact the developments underway.

Not on the list, though widely rumored, are major Changes to EPCOT coming down the pike.

5. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I included it in my list - but no details have been announced yet, so it's easy to forget :p

6. thepops

thepops Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Jim
    And don't forget the questionable change from DisneyQuest to the NBA experience

7. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    Not a fan of all the construction. They should magically do it so that we don't notice.

WilsonFlyer and rfc0001 like this.
  8. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    No comment :whistle:

9. Rochester Disney Fan

Rochester Disney Fan Member

DCL- 2 New Ships

Oops this might not fit the criteria

rfc0001 likes this.
  10. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Active Member

DVC Since:
    Reminds me a bit of California. For years people complained that CA wasn't much of a park and wasn't seeing enough development. Leading up to DL's 50th, there was a ton of construction. When it was done, WDW regulars started complaining. WDW will be turning 50 in 2021, it's the East coast turn getting the Imagination.

rfc0001 likes this.