1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

First Resale passed ROFR

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling DVC' started by GeeWhiz, Apr 19, 2017.

1. GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz Active Member

We bought direct last year at PVB. We took part of our family and spent 8 days there in February. But we found that it is so hard to get into VGC that we really wanted to have points there. So....

After we got back, I started researching resales that would meet what we wanted. I made an offer on one but the seller backed out due to an illness in the family. So back to researching.

On March 27, I made an offer on another. The seller came back with a counter offer within 2 hours. I accepted immediately and we have been off to the races. Yesterday, I got the email that Disney had waived ROFR. It was only 18 days from when it was submitted, so it is looking like things have been generally moving faster than "normal".

Now we wait for the estoppel to reach the title company and we get invoiced. We are really excited and hoping that things keep moving a quick pace.

rfc0001, GG1429 and netteb1165 like this.
  2. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Great news for you. Things are moving quickly and before you know it you will have the points in your account.

GeeWhiz likes this.
  3. 3 DD love princesses

3 DD love princesses Elite Member

DVC Since:
  4. Disney13

Disney13 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    So glad to hear!

[​IMG]

5. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Congratulations!!!!

6. spiceycat

spiceycat Active Member

Congratulations!

7. GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz Active Member

Escrow has closed and we have the title. So we are now owners at VGC.

Of course, now comes the wait for Disney to acknowledge that. LOL

8. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Congrats! :)

9. DVCNewbie1212

DVCNewbie1212 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Dawn
    Congratulations!

10. GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz Active Member

And just to wrap this up, the points are now available to us on the DVC site. So I added VGC to my signature line.