1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Rumor Is DVC going to put villas at Carribbean Beach Resort?

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by Disney13, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Disney13

Disney13 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Has anyone else heard rumors about this?

Next DVC to be at the Caribbean Beach Resort? - DVCinfo.com

Update from rfc0001:

caribbean-beach-resort-gallery01.jpg
    Picture Credit: Disney

WDW News Today said Disney is planning on building a Disney Vacation Club resort at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Rumors have circulated for years of a DVC expansion at a Disney Moderate Resort. In his "What does the future hold for DVC?" post in September 2015, DVC Mike summarized persistent rumors of possible DVC expansion at two moderate resorts:
    Caribbean Beach Resort seems a likely candidate, given the existing room for expansion:

Caribbean Beach Resort.PNG

Picture Credit: Bing

What do you think about this latest rumor? Is it finally going to happen this time?

2. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Not this rumor - by River Country and the Yatch Club.

3. dmaxphil

dmaxphil Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Phil
    I heard this a while back. Also heard they would connect the water from CBR to the Boardwalk area for boat transportation. I think they toss lots of ideas around, then leak them to the public to gauge reaction.

3 DD love princesses and Granny like this.
  4. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    :yeahthat:

5. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    This would be interesting, especially since they're pricing some folks right out of purchasing.

3 DD love princesses and rfc0001 like this.
  6. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer Master Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    The rumor says a DVC Resort AT a moderate. It doesn't say anything about said resort being moderately priced. ;)

Even if they were to build a DVC on that plot of land next to that resort, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be the infamous "DVC II" that has been rumored for years, or could it be just that? DVC II, and hence an entirely new set of properties and possibly price points.

While I certainly will not say that it will not happen, I believe Disney has other more viable options still left before deferring to the moderates as the next generation DVC.

The joys of unmitigated speculation! :D

rfc0001 likes this.
  7. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    If you look at the location of the rumored parcel of land, it appears that the proposed DVC resort could be a self-contained, standalone resort. Although it may be located near Caribbean Beach Resort and Art of Animation Resort, it appears guests could access and egress the property via Victory Way and never have to step onto Caribbean Beach property. To say that the proposed DVC resort would be "at a moderate resort" is somewhat misleading.

lgcountry, WilsonFlyer and rfc0001 like this.
  8. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    The funny thing about this, is that I was just thinking the same exact thing and came on here to comment about it. I would imagine it would be another stand alone resort, separate from CBR.

WilsonFlyer likes this.
  9. ChrisHooch

ChrisHooch New Member

I don't think that spit of land can support any kind of CBR expansion, or a stand-alone resort, worthy of DVC. It's just not large enough. Only if they would put in a multi-story building (> 3 floors), and then, I don't think it would fit in asthetically, or theme-wise.
    Compare that piece of land to what is used for the sections of CBR. It wouldn't accomodate very many rooms (similar size land with 24 buildings on the other side of the pond). I would think there are plenty of other places to put a new DVC, rather than here.
    Unless . . . they plan on taking over some of the CBR sections, and converting to DVC?

rfc0001 likes this.
  10. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    My thoughts exactly!

And, an official Welcome to DVCinfo!