1. Hi! Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Community Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club and Disney News & Information or just enjoying talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads, participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!

Rumor Is DVC going to put villas at Carribbean Beach Resort?

Discussion in 'DVC News & Discussions' started by Disney13, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Disney13

Disney13 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Lori
    Has anyone else heard rumors about this?

Next DVC to be at the Caribbean Beach Resort? - DVCinfo.com

Update from @Russ:

caribbean-beach-resort-gallery01.jpg
    Picture Credit: Disney

WDW News Today said Disney is planning on building a Disney Vacation Club resort at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Rumors have circulated for years of a DVC expansion at a Disney Moderate Resort. In his "What does the future hold for DVC?" post in September 2015, DVC Mike summarized persistent rumors of possible DVC expansion at two moderate resorts:
    Caribbean Beach Resort seems a likely candidate, given the existing room for expansion:

Caribbean Beach Resort.PNG

Picture Credit: Bing

What do you think about this latest rumor? Is it finally going to happen this time?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
  2. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BCV, OKW
    First Name:
    Anna
    Not this rumor - by River Country and the Yatch Club.

3. dmaxphil

dmaxphil Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Phil
    I heard this a while back. Also heard they would connect the water from CBR to the Boardwalk area for boat transportation. I think they toss lots of ideas around, then leak them to the public to gauge reaction.

3princesses and Granny like this.
  4. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    :yeahthat:

5. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    This would be interesting, especially since they're pricing some folks right out of purchasing.

3princesses and Russ like this.
  6. Bobby

Bobby Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    The rumor says a DVC Resort AT a moderate. It doesn't say anything about said resort being moderately priced. ;)

Even if they were to build a DVC on that plot of land next to that resort, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be the infamous "DVC II" that has been rumored for years, or could it be just that? DVC II, and hence an entirely new set of properties and possibly price points.

While I certainly will not say that it will not happen, I believe Disney has other more viable options still left before deferring to the moderates as the next generation DVC.

The joys of unmitigated speculation! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
    Russ likes this.
  7. wdrl2

wdrl2 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    If you look at the location of the rumored parcel of land, it appears that the proposed DVC resort could be a self-contained, standalone resort. Although it may be located near Caribbean Beach Resort and Art of Animation Resort, it appears guests could access and egress the property via Victory Way and never have to step onto Caribbean Beach property. To say that the proposed DVC resort would be "at a moderate resort" is somewhat misleading.

lgcountry, Bobby and Russ like this.
  8. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne
    The funny thing about this, is that I was just thinking the same exact thing and came on here to comment about it. I would imagine it would be another stand alone resort, separate from CBR.

Bobby likes this.
  9. ChrisHooch

ChrisHooch New Member

I don't think that spit of land can support any kind of CBR expansion, or a stand-alone resort, worthy of DVC. It's just not large enough. Only if they would put in a multi-story building (> 3 floors), and then, I don't think it would fit in asthetically, or theme-wise.
    Compare that piece of land to what is used for the sections of CBR. It wouldn't accomodate very many rooms (similar size land with 24 buildings on the other side of the pond). I would think there are plenty of other places to put a new DVC, rather than here.
    Unless . . . they plan on taking over some of the CBR sections, and converting to DVC?

Russ likes this.
  10. Lori L

Lori L Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    My thoughts exactly!

And, an official Welcome to DVCinfo!

11. Bobby

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    I hate to disappoint you but it's true. We really ought to change the thread title to NEWS instead of rumor because it's a fact. The one thing I don't have clear yet is whether it is an extension of CB or a new stand-alone resort. Details to come but it IS happening.

Disney13 likes this.
  12. DVCNewbie1212

DVCNewbie1212 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Dawn
    I'm probably the only DVC member excited about the potential, especially if they create a new entrance or roadway Epcot.

13. Disney13

Disney13 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Lori
    I think we will just have to wait and see. I haven't made up my mind if this is a good or bad thing yet.

14. DevoKun

DevoKun New Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Devon
    It's disappointing to hear that Caribbean Beach would be added to the DVC list. If the boat waterways going to the Epcot/Boardwalk area extended to Caribbean Beach it could be interesting. We'll have to wait and see.

The perfect DVC property would be French Quarter. French Quarter is the smallest resort, is technically associated with Riverside, and the rooms are due for renovation.
    Convert French Quarter to all DVC and keep Riverside as normal hotel rooms and you get an awesome DVC resort with a logical separation similar to AKL.

brittbrat63 and Russ like this.
  15. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Interesting perspective about French Quarter :tu:

Welcome to DVCinfo!

16. Bobby

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hold that last thought just a little longer. ;)

The quandary here is that POFQ is almost always sold out. You can hardly ever get a room there. Having said that, there is a major refurbishment due in 18-24 months. Who knows! ;)

Russ likes this.
  17. linzjane88

linzjane88 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lindsey
    It would be interesting to see how it would play out. CBR is definitely my least favorite moderate.
    Really enjoyed POR with CSR being next up.

18. Bobby

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Personally, I think Coronado is logical, but it does so well as a moderate convention resort. Point is that it is already a convention resort. Hmmmm...

Russ likes this.
  19. Lori L

Lori L Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    I love that idea. I wonder if they have/had given that any thought?

Welcome to DVCinfo. I'm glad you joined us!

20. DougEMG

DougEMG Active Member

If I was betting, I would say this would be an expansion/conversion because then Disney can share the resort facilities (instead of building all new) and the resort costs of CBR with DVC members.

Isn't the CBR the least popular of all the moderate resorts, which would explain why Disney is looking at doing a DVC there.

To me this resort will be at the same level as OKW. So will that mean that the room point cost will be similar to OKW? Low points means less money for Disney so it is hard to imagine that happening.

Even if the points were similar to OKW, I'd probably prefer staying at OKW because of the larger room sizes and the relaxed feel of the resort. So I can't see myself ever staying there unless it was the only room left.

The land between the TTC and Contemporary where the Venetian was originally planned, is that too unstable for 3 story buildings? That would seem to be a prime location to put some kind of DVC on if you could build on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  21. DevoKun

DevoKun New Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Devon
    They may not directly associate this resort with the CBR brand, but this will be a copy-and-paste of the OKW design.

CBR's sprawling nature makes it such a misery to stay at. If they tie in to the CBR facilities this will be the least popular DVC property.

22. DevoKun

DevoKun New Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Devon
    I have never had a problem getting a room at POFQ. That being said, I usually book my rooms at least 2-3 months out.

23. CaptJackBLT

CaptJackBLT Active Member

DVC Since:
    Prior to joining DVC we tended to stick to the moderates, Port Orleans mostly. CBR never got much of a look in due to it being so spread out although we have visited it just to see for ourselves (and yes, you could certainly find yourself doing a lot of walking around there). I’ve heard this rumour in the past, it did the rounds when the Poly got underway as potentially being the ‘next’ project then. I guess they’re testing the waters for life after the new WL development.

The aerial picture does make an interesting argument for something adjacent to CBR that could even incorporate part of the existing resort (the area below sea breeze drive) into it.

I also like the suggestion that POFQ (our favourite moderate) could join DVC in some way, its refurb schedule does fit nicely with them completing stuff over at WL. It may be wishful thinking of course but who knows!

Russ likes this.
  24. Mrs.Milo

Mrs.Milo New Member

Looking at Google Earth, I think a good location for DVC would be a Studios DVC. It could go in on part of the studios current parking lot, the 2 closest to Buena Vista Dr, which would put it on the water across from the current Studios boat dock. There is plenty of room to add addt'l parking for the Studios. Lots of room for lots of ideas there!

Russ likes this.
  25. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Welcome to DVCinfo! I think we are the minority, but I agree a DVC "moderate" resort with hotel or "value" studio rooms with lower point structure makes a lot of sense (and cents for Disney). People say no way they'll have a new resort with lower point structure, but lower points doesn't mean lower price -- prices per point will absolutely be higher, and while they'll sell fewer points per contract they'll see demand from a whole new market of people who can now afford to purchase enough points for an annual stay. There would be no point devaluation (since the new points will cost even more than existing points) and no devaluation of existing resorts (since moderate DVC resort owners will be unlikely to use their "moderate" resort points at deluxe villas which cost more points). Conversely, there won't be a drain on other resorts since the new moderate resorts will be sold out prior to 7 months (given their lower point structure). I think moderate DVC resorts are a great idea for Disney and Disney fans as a result. Based on rampant speculation (which I've seen several reliable confirmations of) they seem to be the future of DVC in a big way.