1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Major Expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Discussion in 'DVC News & Rumors' started by Russ, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Russ

Russ Site Administrator Staff Member Site Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Confirming previous rumors, yesterday Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US Inc. filed a permit application with South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) for "Project 88/Caribbean Beach", located east of Victory Way, south of Buena Vista Drive in Sections 29, 30, 31 & 32, Township 24 South, Range 28 East, within Orange County, Florida. The project consists of modifying existing stormwater management system to serve proposed improvements consisting of constructing building, parking lot and roadway modifications within the 60.58 acre project area:

upload_2017-1-18_12-5-10.png

upload_2017-1-18_12-3-24.png

This includes 7 Proposed Buildings scheduled to begin construction in 2017 and complete work in 2019.

upload_2017-1-18_11-53-7.png

UPDATE 2/16:

In addition to the planned resort expansion, Disney filed plans Tuesday for additional structures in Epcot and DHS which literally seem to point to new structures from the Caribbean Resort filing, creating rumors of a gondola system between Epcot/DHS and CBR (Thanks to forum member @Syndrome for first posting this rumor here, and @danlb_2000 at WDWMagic for first piecing this together).

Here is an overlay of the two plans with green lines drawn extending perpendicularly from all the structures:

Gondola.PNG

Gondola 2.PNG

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    PKage, Lori L and yvonneb like this.
  2. yvonneb

yvonneb Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Yvonne

Thanks for the move. I did a quick search and didn't find this.

3. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

Can we tell from permits any details about the buildings ???

4. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    The main structure is a large, multi-wing, possibly multi-story, building pictured in the center at the top. Note, existing buildings and hotel rooms will have to be demoed for the construction of this building. Not a lot of other details, as the main focus of the permit is for water management. A lot of the other buildings are presumably supporting "back stage" buildings to support the expansion (e.g. housekeeping, etc.). Also, it's not clear what the large building at the bottom is (panel C-206). Given the long, narrow parking lot I'd guess it is a back stage building as well, but it is quite large for such a purpose. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I'm not going to try and guess, as it's not clear. But it's obvious that some big changes are coming to CBR.

IMG_0348.JPG

Russ likes this.
  6. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    From that picture, you can see three existing sections of hotel buildings that will be displaced by Pond E3 (a new retention pond) and Basin E5 (the new main building). Note, the main building is 80,150 sq. ft. in total area. The building by the existing pool in the center is 11,200 sq. ft.

7. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

Wouldn't a 2 story building be out of the ordinary for DVC properties, and generally an inefficient use of that space and investment ?

8. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I'm picturing something along the lines of Beach Club Villas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Shaden

Shaden Active Member

Totally makes sense, but Beach Club Villas are, 4 or 5 stories ? I think you are probably right here regarding BCV 'Like'

Russ likes this.
  10. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Sorry, I misunderstood your meaning -- you were saying "only" 2 story -- also, I meant to state "multi-story" not two-story in my post above. Those details are inferred, not confirmed.

Shaden likes this.