1. Hi, Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club or Disney News & Information or just having fun talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Registration is simple & free:
    Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Members can also Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, & get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads. Registration is simple & free:
    Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

New "Welcome Home" for DVC Members

Discussion in 'DVC News & Rumors' started by Russ, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Disney has implemented a special "Welcome Home" greeting for DVC Members who have added their DVC Membership affiliation in My Disney Experience > My Account: My Profile > Memberships & Passes.

Now, when you use your Magic Band to gain entry into Disney World Parks, you will get a special purple to green ring and if you listen closely you'll hear a "Welcome Home!" greeting.

Lori L and GG1429 like this.
  2. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the updated news, Russ.

I went to the link you provided and it shows that I am a DVC member but it doesn't show that for my wife. We only have one log-in ID for MDE, and it is my email address. And I couldn't see any way to update her status to being a DVC member. She has a card with her name on it, but that's it.

I guess I will be the only one Welcomed Home when entering a park! I don't think I'll tell her about this. :)

Lori L and Russ like this.
  3. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Note, when you add someone under Friend and Family (e.g. your wife), you can specify that they can manage their own account, which will send them an email to register for their own MDE account. I assume they will be able to add the affiliation to their account as well if they are listed on the title. I'm not sure what will happen with the kids who are managed by you, although I guess technically they aren't members...yet :p. I'll try and add the affiliation to my wife's account and see if that works.

4. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Russ...I've had issues with the friend and family with my wife and kids. They have their formal names which they have to use to travel since their IDs have that. But Disney gave us the option to include their nicknames, and ever since I've done that MDE has been a mess for us when I add them to a trip. I've been on the phone several times to MDE tech support and they can't explain it either. So at this point, since the new tech doesn't really mean much to me, I'm not going to worry about it.

Russ likes this.
  5. abelmom2

abelmom2 Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Robin
    We joined DVC the last few days of our trip this week. I thought something was wrong when my color turned purple! It was a fun surprise!

Russ likes this.
  6. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Founder

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    @abelmom2

[​IMG]

7. Lori L

Lori L Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    It's the little things in life!!

Russ likes this.
  8. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    BTW, I verified only I had this happen to me (not DW or DDs) :tu:.
    I thought I mis-scanned too, then I remembered my own post :whistle:.

AuLYNi likes this.
  9. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    You crack me up!

Russ likes this.
  10. brerfrog

brerfrog Veteran Member

Anyone know why it might not work for us? Looks like the MDE account has the DVC account linked, but when we scan our bands it doesn't turn purple. Is it only for direct sales, we bought a resale 5 years ago and are grandfathered in (we bought well before the new rules went into effect).

11. Disney Cheshire

Disney Cheshire Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    PVB
    First Name:
    Liz
    I have a 2 year old Tink old style band that doesn't turn purple. The Poly band that arrived a couple of weeks ago does turn purple. I thought it was the old style band but who knows with Disney tech.

12. brerfrog

brerfrog Veteran Member

That could very well be the problem, we only have old style bands right now. Thanks.

We'll be getting new bands next month.

Russ likes this.
  13. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Hmm...we bought resale and direct. Would be interesting if other resale folks aren't getting the special welcome :confused:. At least it's not a flashing red ring of shame :p

14. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    We also used new bands. Only mine lit up purple. We have direct and resale points. My guess is it's more about the newness of the band, but I'm with you guys and wonder if direct vs resale has anything to do with it.

15. BLTMouse

BLTMouse Active Member

Home:
    BLT
    First Name:
    Linda
    No, I'm 100% resale (grandfathered), and my bands turned the scanner purple every time last trip. I used 2 new bands.

brerfrog and Lori L like this.
  16. Bobby

Bobby Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Got the purple all last week. New style MB's and never heard it. Most of the greeters were saying it, but if the turnstile ever did, I never heard it.

17. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    It's only advertised as a special visual "greeting". The audio greeting is inaudible unless it's extremely quiet (which it never is).

18. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Did anyone else in your family get the purple? I was the only one. The turnstiles never said it, but CMs did. However the whole time we were there only 2 CMs said "Welcome Home". Everyone else just seemed to ignore it.

19. GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz Active Member

Both my wife and I got the purple "greeting" in February. There was one day where I got it and she didn't, but I don't remember whether she was using the new MB or one of her old ones. I got it every time. I think that there was one day when I used my older MB, but I know that I pretty much used the new ones for the 8 days that we were there.

20. Maleficent

Maleficent Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV
    First Name:
    Lisa
    Mine turns purple 1st but DH does not.

21. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Same here, but I feel I deserve that purple because DH doesn't have the slightest clue how the points work! He just knows he pays for them! :pound:

Maleficent and Disney13 like this.
  22. Disney13

Disney13 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Lori
    I handle all the planning as well.

Maleficent and Lori L like this.
  23. Bobby

Bobby Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Can't say that I noticed but according to Ashley and Donna, both of theirs turned purple also.

Russ-I put my head down to the turnstiles several times and it did not make a sound. This I am certain of, given the peculiar glances from the turnstile greeters. One of them actually told me at MK that it had been turned off. Makes sense to me due to the added network traffic necessary to produce it. I am pursuing an official answer. :)

Russ likes this.
  24. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    I just chalked it up to old age (in my case ;)) and being noisy, but makes sense if they turned it off.

Bobby likes this.
  25. cocosmeme

cocosmeme Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Linda
    Last week mine turned purple but DH's did not - I think that is totally appropriate since I am the one who books everything, plans ev4rything, gets up early to book FP's and ADR's. He just "goes along for the ride!" He thought it was funny.