1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

NEWS New "Welcome Home" for DVC Members

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by rfc0001, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Disney has implemented a special "Welcome Home" greeting for DVC Members who have added their DVC Membership affiliation in My Disney Experience > My Account: My Profile > Memberships & Passes.

Now, when you use your Magic Band to gain entry into Disney World Parks, you will get a special purple to green ring and if you listen closely you'll hear a "Welcome Home!" greeting.

magicaldisney and GG1429 like this.
  2. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the updated news, Russ.

I went to the link you provided and it shows that I am a DVC member but it doesn't show that for my wife. We only have one log-in ID for MDE, and it is my email address. And I couldn't see any way to update her status to being a DVC member. She has a card with her name on it, but that's it.

I guess I will be the only one Welcomed Home when entering a park! I don't think I'll tell her about this. :)

magicaldisney and rfc0001 like this.
  3. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Note, when you add someone under Friend and Family (e.g. your wife), you can specify that they can manage their own account, which will send them an email to register for their own MDE account. I assume they will be able to add the affiliation to their account as well if they are listed on the title. I'm not sure what will happen with the kids who are managed by you, although I guess technically they aren't members...yet :p. I'll try and add the affiliation to my wife's account and see if that works.

4. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Russ...I've had issues with the friend and family with my wife and kids. They have their formal names which they have to use to travel since their IDs have that. But Disney gave us the option to include their nicknames, and ever since I've done that MDE has been a mess for us when I add them to a trip. I've been on the phone several times to MDE tech support and they can't explain it either. So at this point, since the new tech doesn't really mean much to me, I'm not going to worry about it.

rfc0001 likes this.
  5. abelmom2

abelmom2 Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Robin
    We joined DVC the last few days of our trip this week. I thought something was wrong when my color turned purple! It was a fun surprise!

rfc0001 likes this.
  6. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    @abelmom2

[​IMG]

7. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    It's the little things in life!!

rfc0001 likes this.
  8. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    BTW, I verified only I had this happen to me (not DW or DDs) :tu:.
    I thought I mis-scanned too, then I remembered my own post :whistle:.

AuLYNi likes this.
  9. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    You crack me up!

rfc0001 likes this.
  10. brerfrog

brerfrog Well-Known Member

Anyone know why it might not work for us? Looks like the MDE account has the DVC account linked, but when we scan our bands it doesn't turn purple. Is it only for direct sales, we bought a resale 5 years ago and are grandfathered in (we bought well before the new rules went into effect).