1. Hi! Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Community Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club and Disney News & Information or just enjoying talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads, participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!

Resort Availability Tool

Discussion in 'DVC News & Discussions' started by KingOMiami, Mar 6, 2017.

1. KingOMiami

KingOMiami Active Member

Hey folks,

Had anyone used the tool to look at a non-resort availability outside of the 7 month window? I had never thought to use it for non home resort since the old version of the site wold not allow it. I inadvertently did it searching for places in Dec. and now I am so hoping that BCV will still be available since it is listed as wide open for the week we want. Not holding my breath but gosh I have wait listed the resort for almost every trip the last several years and it would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome if it is available!!!!

Russ likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Yep, the new tool is I'll dare say great at showing availability across resorts up to 11 months in advance for all resorts (including non-home resorts, which I think you are referring to). By checking in advance leading up to the 7 month window you can really get a good idea of what you may be able to get and come up with a game plan for your first, second, third choice at 8AM @ 7 months :tu:.

GG1429 likes this.
  3. LauraM

LauraM Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Laura
    But be prepared. We had AKV booked for Oct at 11 months out, SIL booked with her points. I was watching Poly for us to switch at 7 months. A week prior it was available. The night before it was gone. At least the RAT saved us from getting up early on March 5 to go online at 8am to see no availability and be disappointed.

KingOMiami and Russ like this.
  4. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Yep, always best to be flexible at 7 mos and have your 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice in mind because booking at 7 months is fast and furious :D.

KingOMiami likes this.
  5. peabody58

peabody58 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BLT
    First Name:
    Tom
    I have found that many spots open up a few weeks into your 7 month window. Everybody doesn't switch right at the start of the 7 month window.

Russ likes this.
  6. KingOMiami

KingOMiami Active Member

Laura, put it on wait list. I did for our 10 year wedding anniversary Nov. '15 and it came through about a week after I put in the request.

7. KingOMiami

KingOMiami Active Member

And I just went to check and the dates are gone now :(

And VWL is booked up so missed out on that. Will have to hope that OKW or SSR are available at 7 month window and then try to waitlist somewhere we have not stayed yet.

1st time in all of the years we have been members that I did not book home resort at 11 months out. I am way off my game :p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Russ

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Keep in mind CCV will come online in July as well. I'm hoping to snipe a Cabin for one night in October :woot3:

KingOMiami likes this.
  9. KingOMiami

KingOMiami Active Member

I wish you luck in your quest good sir!

Russ likes this.