1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Rumor Saratoga is supposedly getting a major revamp

Discussion in 'DVC News and Rumors' started by Wakey, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Wakey

Wakey Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Two separate people (one English on Dibb, the other USA on another forum) have both reported that CMs have said SSR is shortly to get a 'major revamp' which will include Murphy Beds. I wondered if anyone else (DVC Mike?) had heard similar?

2. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Refurbishments have recently been completed at Kidani Village, Vero Beach and Villas at the Grand Californian. Old Key West refurbishments are underway. The last soft goods refurb for SSR was in 2013, so the next one shouldn't be until 2020.

Wakey likes this.
  3. Wakey

Wakey Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ok thanks Mike, I suspect you will be the first to hear if there is any truth to the reports.

4. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Thanks for the intel, and welcome to DVCinfo! I don't doubt it will happen, just a question of when. In other news, ROFR activity was reportedly more than double in January, specifically SSR. It seems to be a hot seller direct, so perhaps something is afoot.

:welcome3:

Wakey and WilsonFlyer like this.
  5. Wakey

Wakey Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Thanks, great site by the way. Love all the charts about historical price increases etc, some real work gone in there.

rfc0001 likes this.
  6. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    @DVC Mike gets all the credit for the informational site :worship:

AuLYNi likes this.
  7. Syndrome

Syndrome Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Roger
    I think the WAY higher than average ROFR for SSR in early 2017 is directly related to DVD's promo when buying new Poly contracts direct .
    "Now through May 31, 2017, when you add on at least 125 Vacation Points at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, you'll receive 100 one-time-use Vacation Points which you may use for a weeklong stay at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. "

They have to get those "free" points from somewhere I guess . :duck:

hakunamatata and rfc0001 like this.
  8. 3 Hobbits 2 Disney

3 Hobbits 2 Disney Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Dianne
    No Murphy beds at SSR! I am adamently opposed to increasing occupancy - and the associated wear and tear - at SSR. Spruce it up, sure. Change the core, no.

9. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I think there is plenty of excess SSR inventory that goes to Disney to rent at 60 days that they can reimburse DVC for to trade for the added bookings. Plus they own 2% of SSR, which doesn't sound like a lot, but SSR is a huge resort. I'm thinking it's for resale.

hakunamatata likes this.
  10. Wakey

Wakey Active Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Paul
    If you search the comptroller website, you'll see they are reselling SSR quite a lot- at $145 a point! These are no small contracts either, and people are getting large Disney mortgages to pay. It's a bit crazy if you ask me, I just managed to get a 160 pointer for 75 a point all 2016 points banked into 2017 which I immediately rented out, meaning a contract with all 2017 on points cost me $64 a point- compared to $145. Madness.