1. Hi! Welcome Home to the DVCinfo Community Forums! We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people discussing Disney Vacation Club and Disney News & Information or just enjoying talking with other DVC members (and potential members). We do our best to make this a friendly & enjoyable place. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!
  2. Hi, you are viewing our Forums as a Guest. Registered Members can Like Posts, Mark Forums Read, view New Posts since last visit, get Alerts for Followed Forums & Threads, participate in Discussions, Vote in Polls, Post & Rate Photos, Download Resources, have private Conversations, & view our DVC Rent, Trade, Transfer & Exchange Forum. Please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google Account or Register a new User Name & Password for full site access!

Some pictures of Wilderness Lodge construction 5/5/17

Discussion in 'Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge' started by Granny, May 6, 2017.

1. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    We checked in yesterday to VWL (BRV if you insist) and have a fifth floor lake side room. Here is a view from our balcony of the pool, Geyser Point and Bay Lake:

Room view.jpg

This morning there was even more water in the pool...

Pool shot.jpg

So it looks the pool is coming along swimmingly! Okay that's a brutal pun. :duck:

But seriously, they seem to be very much on track to have things ready to open up soon.

We enjoyed some cheesy brisket at Geyser point and sat at the tables along the shore with a wonderful view of this beautiful lake!

Bay Lake boats.jpg

The construction crew is out in full force each day but we don't hear much unless we are out on the balcony.

And construction on the villas in the South Wing of Wilderness Lodge continues as workers are all over that building as you look in from the outside.

And for traditionalists like me, I am very happy to report that the Mickey topiary has been moved back very close to its original position near the walkway to VWL.

Mickey topiary.jpg

So things are moving right along at this resort campus! :)

2. Vic96

Vic96 Master Member

Looks beautiful. You're making me want to stay there.

3. Maleficent

Maleficent Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV
    First Name:
    Lisa
    What a great view from both room and Geyser Point. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to switch my AKV to here in February at the 7 month mark. Might be a long shot with CCR being new but going to try. :tu:

Granny likes this.
  4. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    They've activated some of the water features around the pool this morning. This video shows that, though it might be easier to see at full screen.

5. Russ

Russ Staff Member Site Owner

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    Russ
    Wow, the pool was a hole in the ground a month ago :eek:.

6. Lori L

Lori L Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Boy they move along quickly. This is great that you have this view of everything. It will be fun to see the change from now until the day you check out.

7. Disney13

Disney13 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    SSR
    First Name:
    Lori
    Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.

8. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BCV, OKW
    First Name:
    Anna
    Enjoyed the pictures!! The pool looks like a nice size. thank you for sharing.

9. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Thank you for the kind comments. Tonight when we went out on the balcony to watch the Electrical Water Pageant, they had some lighting on those same water features...

Pool Nighttime.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. I take my pictures with an iPhone 6 and even then I'm sure I'm not using all the settings correctly. Regardless, I think you can see what the lighting will look like at night for the water features. I thought it looked really nice. It will be interesting to see if they test any more lighting while we are here.

Vic96, WDWFanDave and DVC Mike like this.
  10. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    I really like the lighting. Can you tell if the water feature and lighting is in other areas around the pool or just that end of it?

11. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    I only saw the two areas of water coming down the rocks that I showed in the video (not really a waterfall, more like a heavy trickle). But I can't see, for example, the pool side of the old water tank (is that what it is?) by the pool.

My guess is that they're testing various features and lighting and not necessarily all of them at one time. I'll keep an eye out to see if they have more than that. I have a feeling that there will be more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
    Lori L likes this.
  12. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BCV, OKW
    First Name:
    Anna
    Very pretty lit up at night.

13. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    For those interested in such things, today they planted trees along the fence perimeter.

Trees along fence.jpg

It appears that it will effectively block the view of the pool from the VWL villas, and if they grow tall enough will also block the view of Bay Lake. That's fine with me as the views from VWL have always been of trees, and these could help restore the cozy, secluded feel that VWL has always had.

WDWFanDave, Lori L, DVC Mike and 2 others like this.
  14. DVCNewbie1212

DVCNewbie1212 Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Dawn
    Thank you for the eyewitness reporting. It is fascinating.

15. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    Yep, I'm interested! Keep the reports coming please!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  16. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    So I asked the guy at the DVC sales desk in the WL lobby about touring a cabin. He said that they won't be available for touring until they are complete. He anticipates that they will then keep one open like they did with the bungalows at Polynesian, and available in a similar fashion. Right now he said the studio and 1BR are available for touring for members from noon - 4:00 pm each day at SSR.

So whoever got that great video of the cabins that I've seen on this site, kudos to you! It sounds like the rest of us will have to wait a while but overall they seem to be doing a great job with the new set up.

WDWFanDave and Lori L like this.
  17. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    For today's Boulder Cove pool report, they've added some rusted looking tanks to the top of the two water features (circled in red):

Water tanks install1.jpg

Here's the picture without the distracting circles:

Water tanks install 2.jpg

There are probably 20 workers around the pool, very busy but not clear on what they are doing. One was pouring some concrete to install a sign post. The others seem to gather and point a lot. In any event, they seem to be doing some "finishing touches" and it appears the pool is getting close to being complete.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Vic96, WDWFanDave and DVC Mike like this.
  18. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    This is fascinating watching it change each day. I'm so glad you're willing to share with us. Thanks a bunch!

19. WDWNole

WDWNole Active Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BRV, BWV, SSR
    First Name:
    Dale
    Wow. Thanks for the pictures. Looks great!

20. Jow3

Jow3 Well-Known Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AUL, BLT, CCV
    First Name:
    Joe
    Thanks so much for the photos. Great to see the progress. Can't wait to visit.

21. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    @Jow3 Welcome to DVCinfo Joe!

22. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    It appears that the pool work is nearly complete. Yesterday they finished planting the trees and bushes around the pool area, and installed the pool chair lift.

Chair lift.jpg

Today they are sweeping and cleaning. It really does look like the pool is just about ready to open. Not sure what further work needs to be done. This should be good news for anyone planning a summer trip to WL/CCV/VWL.

WDWFanDave, DVC Mike and Lori L like this.
  23. disney54us

disney54us Master Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    OKW, PVB, SSR
    First Name:
    A
    Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. We went last week before heading to the airport, from getting DS from college. It looked like it was coming together nicely. Funny, DD is 26 has been going to Disney since she was 4, we became members when she was six. She had only been there once, we had breakfast at Artist point. DS is 19 and has never been to WL. So it was all new to them, they really liked it.
    We had lunch at Geyser Bar & Grill too. Agree, the atmosphere is wonderful and relaxing. I can't say I was wowed by the food. We did get the brisket dip, which was good but would prefer it is served with something other than homemade potato chips to dip with. I would go again to relax, enjoy a cocktail and a appetizer but not necessarily order a full meal. It's new so they still have to iron out the kinks.

DVCNewbie1212 likes this.
  24. Granny

Granny Elite Member

DVC Since:
    Home:
    BWV, VWL
    First Name:
    Tom
    Talking to a Cast Member today who said they are aiming for July 4 for both the pool and Roaring Fork to open. Seems like a long time to hold off the pool opening but I guess there are some more things they need to do that will take a couple of months? In any event, it will be a nice area in the future for WL/CCV/VWL guests to enjoy

25. Lori L

DVC Since:
    Home:
    AKV
    First Name:
    Lori
    July 4th seems like a very long time to hold off the opening of the pool. That's close to 2 months away. I wonder why they would wait? Maybe a misinformed CM?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017