1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Some pictures of Wilderness Lodge construction 5/5/17

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Granny, May 6, 2017.

1. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    We checked in yesterday to VWL (BRV if you insist) and have a fifth floor lake side room. Here is a view from our balcony of the pool, Geyser Point and Bay Lake:

Room view.jpg

This morning there was even more water in the pool...

Pool shot.jpg

So it looks the pool is coming along swimmingly! Okay that's a brutal pun. :duck:

But seriously, they seem to be very much on track to have things ready to open up soon.

We enjoyed some cheesy brisket at Geyser point and sat at the tables along the shore with a wonderful view of this beautiful lake!

Bay Lake boats.jpg

The construction crew is out in full force each day but we don't hear much unless we are out on the balcony.

And construction on the villas in the South Wing of Wilderness Lodge continues as workers are all over that building as you look in from the outside.

And for traditionalists like me, I am very happy to report that the Mickey topiary has been moved back very close to its original position near the walkway to VWL.

Mickey topiary.jpg

So things are moving right along at this resort campus! :)

2. Vic96

Vic96 Master Member

Looks beautiful. You're making me want to stay there.

3. Maleficent

Maleficent Master Member

DVC Since:
    What a great view from both room and Geyser Point. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to switch my AKV to here in February at the 7 month mark. Might be a long shot with CCR being new but going to try. :tu:

Granny likes this.
  4. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    They've activated some of the water features around the pool this morning. This video shows that, though it might be easier to see at full screen.

5. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Wow, the pool was a hole in the ground a month ago :eek:.

6. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Boy they move along quickly. This is great that you have this view of everything. It will be fun to see the change from now until the day you check out.

7. Disney13

Disney13 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.

[​IMG]

8. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    Enjoyed the pictures!! The pool looks like a nice size. thank you for sharing.

9. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Thank you for the kind comments. Tonight when we went out on the balcony to watch the Electrical Water Pageant, they had some lighting on those same water features...

Pool Nighttime.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. I take my pictures with an iPhone 6 and even then I'm sure I'm not using all the settings correctly. Regardless, I think you can see what the lighting will look like at night for the water features. I thought it looked really nice. It will be interesting to see if they test any more lighting while we are here.

Vic96, WDWFanDave and DVC Mike like this.
  10. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    I really like the lighting. Can you tell if the water feature and lighting is in other areas around the pool or just that end of it?