1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Rumor The Next DVC Resort?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by rfc0001, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
?

What will be the next DVC Resort?

1. DVC at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. A second DVC resort at Disney's Contemporary Resort

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. DVC at Disney's Yacht Club Resort

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. DVC at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. DVC at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. A second DVC resort at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Star Wars and/or Toy Story themed DVC at DHS

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  8. Other (write-in below)

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    There have been rumors of DVC expansion at several Disney Resorts over the years:
    What do you think will be the next DVC Resort? Vote above and comment below.

2. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    I voted for a second DVC at Contemporary, since DVC really needs to keep adding MK resorts, and it makes sense to round robin them in the following order:
    1. BLT at Contemporary
    2. VGF at GF
    3. PVB at PVR
    4. CCV at WL
    5. BLT 2 at Contemporary
    6. PVB 2 at PVR
    7. FW (similar to WL)
    I think at some point they'll throw a non-MK resort in the mix (likely CBR), probably before or after BLT 2 (or in parallel)

DisneyDenis likes this.
  3. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I think as Disney consolidates convention space at Coronado Springs and Yacht Club, a DVC resort at those two locations makes less sense. Removing the convention space at the Contemporary would seem to make a lot of sense, and would allow a DVC expansion there. The DVC at CBR still seems alive too. So, likely CBR followed by BLT2?

CinderBelle and rfc0001 like this.
  4. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    I think Disney likes this "conversion" formula they have now where they take under-utilized space and convert it to profitable DVC space with a pretty fast return on construction investment. And they make existing properties more profitable by splitting some of their overhead out to DVC owners.

DVC at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort...the plans I have seen are looking at undeveloped area at CBR. Moderate resort and not converting existing rooms means probably a low priority.

A second DVC resort at Disney's Contemporary Resort...any time they can add a monorail resort the sales people have to be salivating. This would split CR costs even more and make it more profitable than it already is. Only down side is I'm not sure they have room for another pool. I think this is high on their wish list. Of course, it would block CCV cabin views of MK fireworks so I'm sure they won't want a rumor gaining traction until they have CCV pretty much sold out. :)

DVC at Disney's Yacht Club Resort...a conversion at a luxury resort may be tempting. I think this is the second most likely.

Previously leaked DVC at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort...A stand alone resort built at a somewhat esoteric location of Ft Wilderness. I never thought this made much sense but hey, they obviously have considered it based on their filings.

DVC at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort...new construction at a moderate resort? Not sure where the DVC would go especially as @DVC Mike points out they seem to be consolidating convention business there.

A second DVC resort at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort (e.g. a tower where site balloons were once floated over Spirit of Aloha)...monorail resorts are always appealing and a tower could provide some spectacular views. But it really flies against the Polynesian theming of the whole resort. Not that Disney won't put profit ahead of theming but a tower in Polynesia just doesn't seem to fit.

Star Wars and/or Toy Story themed DVC at DHS...Maybe in the long term plans but new construction with no conversion/profit enhancement of existing facilities? I would think this is low on Disney's list unless they think they can create some new type of DVC that's even more profitable.

5. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Rooftop pool maybe? :woot3:

AuLYNi, CinderBelle and Granny like this.
  6. Maleficent

Maleficent Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    We loved staying at French Quarter before joining DVC. Would love to see that whole resort/theming turned to DVC. Plus boat access to Disney Springs. Anyone think that would ever occur?

That being said, a closer than BWV resort to HS is long over due. Or a BCV2 on the other side of Epcot lagoon?

But BLT2 with walking to MK and monorail access would work as long as they add in a pool for it as well. To add to Russ' rooftop pool idea: an infinity rooftop pool that you can watch fireworks from....

lisaviolet, CinderBelle and rfc0001 like this.
  7. Frank

Frank Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Frank
    This is just wishful thinking, based on what I would actually consider buying, but a 5 story BLT II would be cool, even without its own pool. My first choice, and something I'd probably sell a couple of my BLT contracts to get, is a Yacht Club DVC.

LauraM likes this.
  8. Maleficent

Maleficent Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    And a 5 story BLT2 would probably not block CCV view either!

Interesting about Yacht Club as Yacht & BCV share the same SAB pool that I consider almost same resort even though it isn't. To add to your idea, think they would extend the BCV contracts like they had done at OKW? Or re-do the SAB pool closer to BCV end date as the new Yacht DVC would be way past BCV end date?

9. rfc0001

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    There is no indication they'll even do an extension for BRV (VWL) which only has 25 years remaining to CCV's 50. I think the OKW extension was a bitter experience for all (most?) that they won't repeat again.

AnnaS likes this.
  10. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    :yeahthat:

Agree completely.

rfc0001 likes this.