1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

What does the future hold for DVC?

Discussion in 'Mousecellaneous DVC' started by DVC Mike, Aug 19, 2016.

1. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    the-future.jpg

I asked this question about a year ago, so it's time for a follow up. Back then, speaking in terms of Walt Disney World, I summarized the probable options for DVC expansion as:

• Wilderness Lodge expansion
    • Yacht & Beach Club - Disney is less likely to convert the Yacht club side due to the thriving convention business they get, so it's more likely they may convert some BC rooms to DVC.
    • Fort Wilderness - Leaked plans show DVC has considered this option
    • Caribbean Beach Resort - Rumors have said part of this resort may be converted to DVC
    • Coronado Springs Resort - Same rumors here
    • DVC near DHS (Star Wars Themed?) - This rumor is that DVC might construct a new DVC near DHS, along with plans to build a Star Wars and Toy Story lands.
    • Second BLT Tower?

The first one has been formally announced (Copper Creek Cabins & Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), and the rumors are swirling that the next DVC will be at the Caribbean Beach Resort, followed by a second BLT tower.

What do you think will follow at WDW? It's obvious that a DVC expansion will eventually take place at Disneyland, but probably not for a few more years.

Florida-Project.jpg

2. rfc0001

rfc0001 Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Russ
    A YC expansion could be in the cards as well if the planned YC convention center expansion is to make room for DVC. Getting in the ballpark on 4 out of 7 rumors, 1 of which has actually occurred (VWL expansion) and one of which the existence of plans has been publically and privately confirmed (Caribbean Beach) is pretty darn good :notw: :notw: :notw:.
    So, what does your crystal ball show us for this next year :pixiedust:?

Disney13 likes this.
  3. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Something at Fort Wilderness sometime?

4. peabody58

peabody58 Active Member

DVC Since:
    I'm predicting....... a dues increase!

5. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer Master Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

rfc0001 likes this.
  6. 999ghosts

999ghosts Well-Known Member

If they add Star Wars themed DVC then I'll ask for my paycheck to be send to Disney automatically!

Tipscarl likes this.
  7. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    As long as they keep selling out, they will keep building. I can see renovating/converting existing buildings but wondering if they should stop building new ones. It's not going to be Disney World anymore (referring to the parks which is why many people go there in the first place), it's going to be Disney Resorts. Unless they expand/add to the existing parks - if the DVC and Disney resorts sell out, where are all these people going to be? I must be missing something :cool:

8. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer Master Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Bob
    That's a pretty big leap. I wouldn't worry too much about that one. I wouldn't say that about many things in this world but I have a high degree of confidence in that one. Besides, there would never be a sellout anyway. Nobody could afford it. If anything catastrophic happened, it would all just close. If that happens, I suspect we'll all be more worried about other things and DVC will be the last thing on our minds. ;)

9. AnnaS

AnnaS Master Member

DVC Since:
    During busy times, if resorts and DVC resorts are at full capacity - I am thinking MK will be packed (maybe one or two of the other ones?), longer wait times, monorails packed, etc. Even Disney Springs, there are times when people are like sardines. But true, by the time this happens, if it does, it does not matter anyway - not that it does too much now - just wondering.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    WilsonFlyer likes this.
  10. Babbott

Babbott Active Member

My guess for next future DVC is new complex next to DHS as a joint effort to park expansion. Looking at Google maps there seems to be enough land to do so. It would seem a good paring for a DHS near park accommodations.

This would also help manage park density. Agree with AnnaS, if not managed properly( and without using above inflation price increases) park densities could lead to less attendance and competition gains. This, in turn, could significantly Impact further DVC sales.

WilsonFlyer likes this.