1. Welcome Home to the DVC Boards at DVCinfo.com, an online community where you can join other Disney Vacation Club members (and potential members) from around the world discussing all things related to Disney and DVC. We pride ourselves on being a pleasant community built around people posting news and information, getting and giving help and guidance, and just having fun and conversing with other people who share our interest in DVC and Disney.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. To gain full access to the DVCinfo discussion forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to actively participate in forum discussions, start new discussion topics and vote in site polls, communicate privately with other DVC devotees, post your own photos, and much more. So, Come Join the Fun!

Registration is absolutely free, so register today! You can even login using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account for immediate access. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Or, skip the registration process by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.

Which Contract do you think is better?...

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling DVC' started by FatalSports, Apr 12, 2017.

1. FatalSports

FatalSports Member

First Name:
    Samir
    First post here!

We've been looking into buying DVC membership for a little while. We've come across what we think is 2 good deals...what would you all recommend based on your previous experience/ownership.

Both are at Saratoga Springs...

OPTION 1
    160 Pts, $87 per pt.
    2015 160 banked pts - must be used by Dec 1, 2017
    2016 160 pts - can be banked or used (IF banking, must bank by July 1, 2017)
    2017 pts come Dec 1

OPTION 2
    180 Pts, $78 per pt.
    2016 180 banked pts - must be used between August 1, 2017 - July 31, 2018
    2017 pts come August 1

What do you feel is the better option? Overall price is pretty similar...one you get 20 pts more per year, the other you get 160 extra banked pts (even though they have to be used this year).

We live in Florida, so we would be using the resorts more than likely in off-mid peak season - not high peak. We also wouldnt be generally using this to pre-plan a vacation months and months in advance. It would more be like same month or next month planning.

Please let me know what you think and thank you in advance!!!

2. Maleficent

Maleficent Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    It takes about 3 months from offer/acceptance to receive points. Some have been quicker but plan approx. 3 months for trip planning purposes.

You're lucky you can drive, but I have to fly. For me to be able to use the banked points by 12/1, would be very tough. So if I was buying I'd go with option 2 as it's more points, less per point buy in, and more time to use banked points.

I'm sure more will pipe in with better scenarios but that's my quick take. Good luck!

3. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Welcome to DVCinfo Samir! I agree with Maleficent and would go with option #2. More points and lower buy in would sell it for us as well. The banked points wouldn't help us because we wouldn't use them before the expiration date. However, you can rent them out.

4. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I would go with option 2.

5. Disney13

Disney13 Veteran Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Option 2 is the best. More bang for the buck.

[​IMG]

6. 3 DD love princesses

3 DD love princesses Elite Member

DVC Since:
    If they are both still available I'd go with 1 and offer a lower price per point. Then you could use the points by dec or rent them out. Good luck

7. FatalSports

FatalSports Member

First Name:
    Samir
    I asked and they will not lower the price per pt...

8. Granny

Granny Master Member

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Option 2 gets my vote.

Rather than looking at the condition of the points in the contracts the first couple of years, I would focus on 20 more points per year for decades to come. I'd take the long term benefit over any short term issues.

Disney13 likes this.
  9. magicaldisney

magicaldisney Elite Member Staff Member Moderator

DVC Since:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Even more reason Option 2 seems to be a better option. Good luck on your decision. Keep us updated on what you decide!

10. FatalSports

FatalSports Member

First Name:
    Samir
    I've had some people tell me that trying to book Disney a few months out is probably not going to work?

We'd book 1-3 months out during the non-peak DVC times (January, May-June, Late Aug, Sept-Early Nov, and Early Dec...basically Adventure to Dream Season), we will not be able to get the resort, room, or view we want?

Most of the time we will probably want to book at Animal Kingdom Studio with a SV view, though we would also prob like to experience Polynesian, Saratoga, and Bay Lake at a few times during our membership.

Is the consensus that this is more than likely not going to be possible 1-3 months out?