At the end of July, Disney and Lyft launched the Minnie Van Service to provide private transportation driven by a Disney Cast Member to and from anywhere at Walt Disney World for a flat $20 including tip for up to 6 passengers.
The Minnie Van Service was first made available to guests of Disney’s BoardWalk and Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and has gradually been expanded since then. The service is now available to guests of all Disney Vacation Club Resorts, with pickup and drop locations at any location within Walt Disney World.
How to Sign Up for the Minnie Van Service
- Download the Lyft app
- Activate the Minnie Van Service – When staying at an eligible resort, you will receive a notification in the Walt Disney World (AKA My Disney Experience) app with a link to activate the Minnie Van Service. If you missed the notification or want to activate the service in advance you can click the link above.
- Launch the app and receive confirmation– once you enter your phone number and click Download & Claim, open the Lyft app and you’ll see the following splash screen after searching for a location within Disney World, indicating the Minnie Van Service is now enabled:
How to Use the Minnie Van Service
- Search for a Pickup Location – anywhere within Walt Disney World
- Select Minnie Van Service – click circle in lower left that says Lyft and select Minnie Van Service:
The circle should now show the Minnie Van Service logo:
- Select an available Pickup Location – indicated by blue dots on the map, e.g. here are all the pickup locations shown for every DVC resort:Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort & Villas
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Copper Creek Villas and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Set Pickup and Confirm Location – drag the screen to move big blue pickup pin to one of the blue dots on the map then confirm the pickup location:
- Add Destination – once you Confirm the Pickup Location, click Add destination, search for a destination (e.g. Bus Stop – Magic Kingdom), then click Request Minnie Van Service.That’s it! You’ll receive the name of the driver and their license plate number to look for and can track their location on the map. You will receive an app and text notification when they arrive, and the driver will confirm your name for the reservation when you get in their vehicle, then automatically drive to your drop-off location. Your credit card linked to your Lyft account will automatically be charged (tip included).